Bay Village Early Childhood PTA (BVECPTA) is a local, non-profit group organized under the authority of Ohio Congress of Parents and Teachers (Ohio PTA), a branch of National Congress of Parents and Teachers (National PTA). PTA is a national non-profit organization that has dedicated itself to advocating for the health, welfare and safety of children, youth and families. PTA is an advocacy organization speaking for every child.
Since 1948, BVECPTA has maintained its goals to help promote a happy family life, offer friendship with others of common interests, and to serve the community through projects that benefit the welfare of preschool children. We continue to strive for these goals and work and grow together as a functional PTA organization.
The overall purpose of PTA
- A powerful voice for all children
- A relevant resource for families and communities
- A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child
Historical goals of PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship
- To raise the standards of home life
- To secure the adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education